Some of my favorite things were all combined this past weekend. One of my favs from my family came to visit. We went shopping. We discovered a new local boutique together. In a week where it's even more important to celebrate women I chose something I bought from the boutique as my Friday Find.
The name of the boutique is Adored. It's located on Cherry Street here in Grand Rapids. Here is what the boutique is all about directly from the Adored website (www.adoredboutique.com). The boutique carries clothing, accessories, shoes and more. But today's find is all about the necklace I found.
Here is a pic of the necklace alone and one of me wearing it (along with Stu).
The necklace is from a company called Mend on the Move. (www.mendonthemove.org). The jewelry is made from left over car parts by "women who have survived abuse and found the courage to begin again".
What I love:
- Obviously the company that made it and the mission of the company
- The same of the store where I purchased it- Adored Boutique
- Both are local to Michigan
- The necklace itself is a simple, delicate piece so there are so many options of how to wear it. Whether layered with other pieces or worn alone I have soooo many options. The metal is neither gold or silver which, for me, means I can mix with all!
- The price - under $30
- So many reasons why this is the best Friday Find in a long time.
What are some of your favorite things this Friday ???