On a rainy January day in Michigan I am dreaming of warmer Spring days and wearing a dress instead of rain gear. If you know me at all, you know that I love a piece in my closet that can be worn more than one way. I found 5 dreamy dresses that can do just that.
1) A beautiful maxi dress from Anthropologie. What I Love:
- The color - what a "shot of color" in the middle of a dreary winter
- The length - this is available in both petite and regular lengths which is awesome for all of us
- The possibilities - pair this with mules, as shown here. Pair with boots in the colder months or flat sandals or wedges to wear when it's warmer
2) Flowy midi from Target. What I Love:
- The color - such a warm, cheery pattern for now and later
- The length - another bonus - not too short and not a maxi either
- The possibilities: wear now with boots and tights. Wear to a business casual event with pumps or Mary Janes. Wear when it warms up with wedges. Another possibility is paired with skinny jeans and flats -- love it!
- The price - less than $50 bucks!!
3) Printed Drawstring Peasant Dress from Nordstrom. What I Love:
- The color - bright but doable for any season
- The length - it gives you a ton of options for how to style
- The possibilities: wear now with tights and boots or booties or Mary Janes. Wear later with wedges or sandals. Wear anytime with skinny jeans/jeggings layered underneath. Add a long vest or gili for layering over for a totally different look.
4) Bishop Sleeve Shift Dress from Nordstrom Rack. What I Love:
- The color and fabric - the neutral tones and fabric of this dress make it wearable in any season
- The possibilities: Again, wear now with tights and boots. Dress it up now with sheer hose and pumps. Wear later with mules, sandals, or wedges.
- The extra sleeve detail - with all the craze for different sleeves right now, the bishop sleeve on this dress make it right on trend. With the simple fabric and neutral color, the dress won't go out of style.
- The price - less than $50 bucks!
5) Tencel Shirt Dress from Gap. What I Love:
- The color and fabric - who doesn't love a different twist on a denim dress?
- The possibilities: Wear now with leggings and boots or tights and boots. Wear in the warmer months with sandals or wedges. Wear with skinny jeans and tshirt and the dress worn as a "jacket" anytime. Change the skinny cord tie to a belt or scarf for a totally different look.
- The price - still less than $100 bucks!
If you check your closet and you already have a dress similar to one of these lovelies pull it and wear it ! If not, it may be time to go shopping!